After-Hours Emergency Delivery
Changes to after hours service beginning September 1, 2022 are below.
Heating Oil and Kerosene Customers
- Eligible accounts for after hours emergency deliveries are accounts that are on automatic delivery and do not have a balance due.
- Accounts that call in for deliveries are not eligible for after hours deliveries.
- Heating oil/off road diesel is available to purchase at our 24-hour pumps on 484 W Commerce St by credit card. Heating oil/off road diesel and on road diesel can be put in your heating oil tank to provide heat until a delivery can be scheduled.
- Kerosene customers can purchase kerosene, at a gas station (not offered at our station) and put it in your tank to provide heat until a delivery can be scheduled.
- There are multiple online videos explaining how to bleed the lines to your furnace (restarting oil furnace) once you have put some fuel in the tank.
- If you are unable to physically obtain fuel and put into your tank or bleed the line yourself, please make arrangements to have someone available to take care of this for you should the need arise.
- Calling and ordering fuel with a ¼ tank remaining will be the best plan to avoid a run out.
- Please note, calls to the emergency operator that are not eligible for after-hours delivery service will be returned the next business day. Calls to the emergency operator that do not meet the qualifications above will incur a service charge.
- All propane customers that have a safety concern, ie, feel that they may have a propane leak are eligible for after hours calls. TURN TANK OFF IMMEDIATELY IF A LEAK IS SUSPECTED. Please note, charges may apply. Please familiarize yourself with the propane safety information on each delivery ticket and our website, www.mcclearyoil.com.
- Accounts that are eligible for after hours emergency deliveries of propane are accounts that use propane for their only heating source.
- Accounts that are not eligible for after hours emergency deliveries of propane are accounts that do not use propane as their only heat source. Examples are customers with the following uses: Backup heat to a heat pump, or backup to another source of heat, fire place, cookstove, generator, clothes dryers, pool heaters, fire pits/bbq grills.
- Please contact our office during normal business hours to discuss any questions regarding after hours service. Thank you.